Tuesday, 1 August 2017

July Purchases and Favourites

July was a bit of a manic month and I didn't really stop from the very first day... we've been to Newcastle, Amsterdam, Nottingham a number of times... but each time has made new memories and made new opportunities to find a new shopping centre ;)

July was almost a month I'd been waiting for due to a couple of new launches that I've known about for a while, firstly the new Zoella range launched (whole new post about that coming soon!) but most importantly.. a range that will, as drastic as it sounds, change my life - CATH KIDSTON HAVE LAUNCHED A GUINEA PIG RANGE. YES. A GUINEA PIG RANGE. It's so exciting. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this. And when I was in Nottingham last week I finally managed to have a look at a few bits and choose a couple of items while I was there. I picked up a mug and note book set while I was there but it took less than 24 hours for me to order another 4 items online! As much as I LOVE the cardigan with Piggies on, I can't yet justify £85 on a cardigan... I live in hope!



I'm known for my "drunk online shopping" amongst my group (remember when I added ONE item in my basket for £2.99 and accidentally ordered my whole basket which was over £200... yeah, you'd think I'd learn).. but I received a 10% discount code for Debenhams recently and after doing a make over on a client who used her own lipstick, I have been OBSESSED with it.. it's the Kat Von D in Countess. A gorgeous orangey red colour which is perfect for Summer. I ordered a couple of other KVD bits but this was by far my favourite!


Yankee Candles... something I normally only buy in Winter! But when I recently visited Cheshire Oaks, they had a sale on where you brought £20 worth of items and got a free large Yankee Candle... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Tbh I spent it twice so got two but in that I got 2 Christmas presents and quite a few wax melts in the sale. They have a great sale on at the moment in their outlets and even their garden centre stores so it's definitely worth checking out if you're a YC fan! The Jelly Bean Candle itself isn't my favourite  ever Yankee Candle but it's definitely one of the strongest I've had. It's quite sweet but has a fruitiness to it aswell. Definitely good for Summer.


Wouldn't be a favourite without foods... and alcohol! So this month I've left my old gym as I never went and have turned into a bit of a salad lover and attempted to eat a bit better now the weather's nicer... plus we've booked a holiday for October so I need to get bikini ready. When we went to the Food Show last year we got a free Fibre One Chocolate Fudge Brownie and I've never been able to find them since. I then saw them in Tesco a few weeks ago and they've definitely become a firm favourite in my cupboard. I have no idea how they taste so good and the texture is the perfect Brownie Texture so even though they're a little pricier than I'd like, they're worth it for when you fancy something sweet!

As for the alcohol.. I've never in my life been a gin drinker, I don't like the taste and I don't like the smell at all! But a few weeks ago I went to a party where there was a gin section and one of the girls brought me a cocktail and asked me to guess what it was - I had no clue! When she told me there was gin in it I was gobsmacked. I guess I've only ever tried cheap gin or just plain old Gordons. But since drinking the cocktail, I've turned into a bit of a Gin Geek. I've tried a few different ones with different flavours, fruits or mixers and it's definitely my new favourite drink (as long as I have some fruit to flavour it with and it's not very strong!). My favourites are by far the gorgeous Bloom Gin - garnished with strawberries! As well as the new Ophir Gin with lime wedges. The bottles of them themselves are just beautiful (and very expensive!) but I've treated myself to just the one for now. I'm trying to only drink it on special occasions so it lasts longer but it's just too good! I'm loving them 2 (random!) mixers - elderflower cordial which I've found it cheapest in Ikea, and this Cranberry fizzy water! Hmmmhmmmmm!



Wouldn't be a favourites without a couple of bits from Boots or Superdrug that I've shoved on the Bathroom shelf and almost probably forgotten about them already! But 2 of my favourite buys of July for the Bathroom are the boring but effective foot scrubber file thingy and Superdrug's Salted Caramel Shower and Bath Soak... I shit you not, I just want to eat myself as I smell so good after. It's not very often you use a bath wash that leaves a really great smell not only on you, but in the room as well. The smell is incredible and despite it only being a couple of quid, it really does last and makes your skin really soft... and makes a bubble explosion in the bath!


So only a few but here's a few of my July favs.. .just an excise to write a blog post tbh but I now have a bit more time on my hands to write a little more often so here's hoping to have a few more up soon.

What else do I need to buy next time I'm out shopping? I've not really brought any proper new Summer make up this year so if you have any recommendations please send them my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment